It’s the time of year where almost everyone is making or buying peanut butter eggs. Only those with extreme will-power or those who know how horrible sugar is to our health can say no to peanut butter eggs.
I was feeling left out, so I decided to make some, the real food way of course. 🙂 So, here’s my recipe!
Let me just say that the recipe is not perfect. My peanut butter was a little runny, too runny to shape anyways as you can see from the picture. Perhaps adding more arrowroot powder would help that. As with any candy recipe I make, you can see my lack of patience with dipping and dripping. lol. Maybe your finished eggs will look nicer than mine did.
This recipe uses a lot less sugar than the standard peanut butter egg recipe. That was my goal. So, don’t feel bad about enjoying these peanut butter eggs!
Peanut Butter Eggs
|Prep time||35 minutes|
- 12 tablespoons Raw butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup Organic creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Raw cream cheese (or substitute more butter)
- 1 cup Rapadura (powdered)
- 1 tablespoon Arrowroot powder
- 1-1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Organic coconut oil